Marseille's Remedy - Thieves Oil Blend (30 ml)Marseille's Remedy
The Legend of Thieves Oil
In 1413, as the bubonic plague decimated France, a group of merchant sailors was arrested for robbing dead and dying plague victims – a crime punishable by burning alive. The judge offered them leniency for their terrible crimes if they would share the secret which enabled them to expose themselves to the plague without contracting it. The sailors explained that they were spice merchants who were unemployed due to the closure of France’s seaports. They had prepared a special herbal infusion which they applied to their hands, ears, feet, masks, and temples and this protected them from infection. As promised, the judge did not burn the men alive – he hanged them instead. Soon after, plague doctors began to wear beak-like masks stuffed with absorbent material soaked in the sailors’ blend to protect them from the disease.
How To Use Thieves Oil Blends
According to legend, the “thieves” oil blend has been around for centuries and has almost mythical healing properties and anti-bacterial mojo. Thieves oil blends (including Marseille’s Remedy) are a simple blend of powerful single essential oils that provide amazing health benefits.
Marseille’s Remedy blend of the traditional thieves oil is quite potent. Traditionally the blend was diluted with olive oil, but we like Almond oil, Avocado, canola or other food-grade oil. To start mix 1 drop of thieves with 10 drops of carrier oil and use it. Perform a skin test before any topical application.
- To fight off illness: diffuse and breathe vapors to help fight sickness and clear air of pathogens. A couple of drops of oil or a spray of Thieves hand sanitizer on you mask adds greater protection
- To help breakouts and acne: using a cotton swab, dab a very small amount on acne and boils to relieve inflammation and fight infection.
- For tooth pain and infection: using a cotton swab, apply to tooth decay to numb pain and remediate the infection.
- As an all-natural house cleaner: mix with soapy water to clean, sanitize and remediate mold.
- As an anti-bacterial: tried and tested on ships as an effective alternative to fight rot and eliminate mold.
- As an all-natural anti-lice treatment and prevention.
- Marseille’s Remedy is a powerful blend of pure essential oils, so be sure to use it responsibly.
- Due to the Rosemary, be sure to consult a doctor before use if breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Avoid contact with eyes, membranes, or other sensitive areas of the body.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If irritation occurs, wash with soapy water and dilute before further application. If irritation persists: discontinue use.
What the CAD team has to say: We have not gone a day without adding a few drops to our diffuser since we found it, we just cannot get enough! That is why we have decided to share our new obsession with you.
Bonus: it smells like Christmas in a bottle.
Medical Ingredients: Syzygium aromaticum (Clove bud oil* – India), Citrus limon (Lemon oil* – Italli), Cinnamomum verum (True Cinnamon bark oil* – Sri Lanka), Eucalyptus polybractea (Blue Mallee Eucalyptus oil* – Australia), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary oil* – Spain).
*organic content, alcohol/chemical-free
Health Canada NPN 80063203, 80080489
About Wild Creek Naturals (makers of Marseille's Remedy):
Wild Creek Naturals is a family owned and operated from a farm in the beautiful West Kootenays, nestled deep in the Rocky Mountains. They are committed to making products that are 100% natural, organic plant based, and effective. They are committed to health and wellness and improving the world around us. A portion of all proceeds go towards improving the environment, watersheds, and the Columbia River Basin.